Workshop Cost Discounted for GIS Technicians, Planners, Developers and Infrastructure Workers.
Includes eLearning access and live workshop!
For those already certified for drone operations, the workshop applies as a recurrent training program for Transport Canada continuing certification requirements.
Previous experience with drones and current ownership of a drone is not required to enroll, learn or write the exams.Registrants will be automatically enrolled in the municipal workshop and emailed a copy of the RotorBrains™ eLearning platform (click video on left to preview).
Enrollment options available (click on date to register):
- Workshop instructed live online with a Transport Canada drone certification examiner
- Interactive small group instruction individualized for each learner
- The workshop will cover important information on the drone industry, an in depth discussion on safety and professionalism, operational and certification information with a focus on GIS, planning, mapping, development and infrastructure projects.
- All registrants will also gain access to the interactive RotorBrains™ eLearning platform to build up the knowledge for Transport Canada operator certification.
- Previous experience with drones and current ownership of a drone is not required to enroll, learn or write the exams.
- For those already certified for drone operations, this course applies as a recurrent training option for Transport Canada continuing certification requirements.
Subject matter taught includes Transport Canada drone regulations, drone systems knowledge, meteorology, navigation, flight operations, human factors, and more! All this knowledge is required to pass the Transport Canada drone pilot certification exams for flight within Canadian airspace.
The workshop will cover important information on the drone industry, an in depth discussion on safety and professionalism, operational and certification information.
The workshop is taught with a focus on the learner's objectives and desired applications of the technology. The workshop includes an introduction of the eLearning Platform to ensure learners are familiar with its usage and its relation to operator certification.
Learners will have access to the RotorBrains™ Interactive eLearning platform, which consists of structured learning materials to support those discovering or expanding their knowledge of drone operations.
The platform uses interactive software including questions (with answers), reference materials, videos, and activities to promote learning focused on professional and safe drone operations.
Please watch the video on the left side of this page to learn more about the interactive platform.
For those looking for in-depth knowledge required for professional operations there is a considerable volume of material and over 500 questions available, of significant value to those who have a goal of building towards more advanced and complicated missions.
After purchase, you will be enrolled and emailed instructions on accessing the RotorBrains™ eLearning platform.
Each RotorBrains™ eLearning license is limited to use by a single individual on two devices (such as a work computer and a home computer) for a 180 day period.
A high speed internet connection is required to run the program.
RotorBrains™ is an organization specializing in high end aerospace and remote aircraft services. Clients include the federal government, various provincial and municipal governments, as well as corporate entities and expert researchers.
RotorBrains™ focuses on educational services for NextGen drone industry professionals to meet national drone pilot certification criteria and examination requirements, especially as applicable to safe and legal operations.
Whether you are interested in developing new capabilities in aerial imagery and video work, enhancing your operational efficiency and resource deployment, or experimenting with the latest tech - Discover your Rotors and Stimulate your Brain Cells with RotorBrains™ Interactive Drone Training.